Tuesday, June 14, 2011

How a little whiff makes me smile..!!


There is a scent that tells me that you are around, that inspires me to walk ahead and put my mind to work..how a whiff of that particular scent does that might seem beyond reason but I know how it works…every cog in my mind is attuned to the sense of that scent, making equivalent visual imageries and making me smile and my heart strong knowing that it is not alone..
I think the concept behind 3 Idiots was very true...your heart seeks solace in little things, so one should keep it deluded till the time it really needs to roll up its sleeves and get to work…the experiment I did today morning very aptly puts this in perspective.. not wanting to wear my good pair of work slippers when I traversed my one hour journey to office, I put on my house slippers packing the other ones in my bag..walking to the office, there was a certain sense of happiness, the feel of those house slippers took away the heavy feeling I got when I travel every morning, and by the time I actually got to the destination and slipped into my office footwear, it really didn’t matter anymore, coz I knew, now I am here, here to work..
It is these little tiny joys that make it a little easier to stay happy…find for yourself those little joys, that make you walk that extra mile..but make your heart feel,” oh! I didn’t do much!”
This association with sounds, with smells, with touch, really amazes me…how and why, a memory is so strong in my subconscious, imprinted with such strong emotion, that a tiny stimulus can inspire me to do more, go beyond my own impression of myself?
There is a motivation behind every step you take and everything you do…u may be self motivated or may seek motivation from all that is around you..but I know, I will find favor in nature..my own little box of motivations, which will keep in afloat and happy.

No comments: